Tinned salmon is great staple food to have in the pantry on standby. This satisfying loaf turns a few tins of salmon, vegetables and herbs into a tasty dish for lunch or dinner.
Vege Salmon Loaf
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 2 eggs
- 3 x 210g tins plain salmon in springwater
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach or bunches spinach
- 1 large carrot
- 1 large zucchini
- 3 dried lime leaves
- 1 handful fresh basil
- 1 handful fresh coriander
- Fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 2. Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- 3. Crack the eggs into a large mixing bowl. Beat or whisk until just frothy.
- 4. Grate the carrots and zucchini and tip into the bowl with the eggs.
- 5. Process the spinach, lime leaves and herbs in a food processor until fine. Scrap into the mixing bowl with the other vegetables and eggs.
- 6. Open the tins of salmon and drain off excess liquid. Tip into the mixing bowl. Break up the salmon with a spoon.
- 7. Add fresh cracked pepper to taste. Mix with a large spoon until well combined. Alternatively you can mix in the food processor, in small pulses.
- 8. Spoon the mixture into the loaf tin and smooth out the top with a knife.
- 9. Place in the oven and bake for 50 minutes or until set and there is no liquid coming out of the middle.
- 10. Leave to cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving warm. Alternatively leave the loaf to cool in the tin and cut into slices for the freezer or eating cold.
Search the site
About Catherine Marr
Catherine Marr, founder of FODMAP friendly living, is a qualified group fitness instructor and natural health practitioner with broad experience working as a professional change manager...read more