Tinned salmon is great staple food to have in the pantry on standby. This satisfying loaf turns a few tins of salmon, vegetables and herbs into a tasty dish for lunch or dinner.
Vege Salmon Loaf
Published on April 25, 2015 | By friendlyliving |0 Comments
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 2 eggs
- 3 x 210g tins plain salmon in springwater
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach or bunches spinach
- 1 large carrot
- 1 large zucchini
- 3 dried lime leaves
- 1 handful fresh basil
- 1 handful fresh coriander
- Fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Crack the eggs into a large mixing bowl. Beat or whisk until just frothy.
- Grate the carrots and zucchini and tip into the bowl with the eggs.
- Process the spinach, lime leaves and herbs in a food processor until fine. Scrap into the mixing bowl with the other vegetables and eggs.
- Open the tins of salmon and drain off excess liquid. Tip into the mixing bowl. Break up the salmon with a spoon.
- Add fresh cracked pepper to taste. Mix with a large spoon until well combined. Alternatively you can mix in the food processor, in small pulses.
- Spoon the mixture into the loaf tin and smooth out the top with a knife.
- Place in the oven and bake for 50 minutes or until set and there is no liquid coming out of the middle.
- Leave to cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving warm. Alternatively leave the loaf to cool in the tin and cut into slices for the freezer or eating cold.
- Ready in : 55 Minutes
- Recipe Type : Dinner, Finger food, Lunch
About Catherine Marr
Catherine Marr, founder of FODMAP friendly living, is a qualified group fitness instructor and natural health practitioner with broad experience working as a professional change manager...read more
This meatloaf was created using some of the produce from...
This is a good basic meatloaf using minimal ingredients. It...
Minty Zucchini Frittata
This frittata is a wonderful way of using up zucchini that...
Refreshing Pina Colada Smoothie
Are you dreaming of an island getaway? This beautiful smoothie...
No comments yet.