Upside Down Berry Chocolate Cake
Published on January 9, 2015 | By friendlyliving |0 Comments
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 185 g golden kumara or sweet potato
- 1/2 cup activated pecans
- 1/2 cup activated walnuts
- 2 tablespoons nut milk
- 165 ml can TCC Coconut Milk
- 3 heaped tablespoons rice malt syrup
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch Himalayan salt
- 1 cup mixed fresh berries
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius. Line the base of a 20 cm round springform cake tin with baking paper. Grease the sides of the cake tin with coconut oil.
- Steam the kumara or sweet potato until tender. Leave to cool for a few minutes.
- Place the pecans and walnuts into a food processor or blender. Process until a fine flour is formed. Remove and set aside.
- Place the cooked and cooled kumara or sweet potato and rice malt syrup into the food processor or blender. Process or blend until smooth. Add the ground pecan and walnuts, coconut oil, cacao powder, apple cider vinegar, water, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Process until smooth.
- Starting from the centre and working in a circle outwards, make a layer of berries across the base of the cake tin. Pour over the cake mixture and smooth out the top with a knife.
- Place the cake tin on a baking tray. Bake in the oven for 55-65 minutes, or until the edge is crispy and the top is set. The cake will slightly gooey still in the middle but will set more once cooled.
- Leave the cake to cool for an hour. Remove the edge of the cake tin and flip onto a plate. Place in the fridge to set for four hours or overnight.
- Store in the fridge or freezer.
About Catherine Marr
Catherine Marr, founder of FODMAP friendly living, is a qualified group fitness instructor and natural health practitioner with broad experience working as a professional change manager...read more
This meatloaf was created using some of the produce from...
This is a good basic meatloaf using minimal ingredients. It...
Minty Zucchini Frittata
This frittata is a wonderful way of using up zucchini that...
Refreshing Pina Colada Smoothie
Are you dreaming of an island getaway? This beautiful smoothie...
No comments yet.