Clafoutis sounds fancy and complicated but in reality it is a simple but effective dish. This clafoutis uses some of our favourite summer produce – berries and zucchini. Whilst it contains almond flour, the amount is low in a single serving and is suitable for most people on the low FODMAP diet. It also contains no other added sugar and is wonderful served with coconut yoghurt, lactose free yoghurt, homemade dairy free ice cream or cream.
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 2 punnets fresh berries or 2 cups frozen berries (eg. blueberries, raspberries, blackcurrants)
- 1 cup nut and/or seed milk, coconut milk or lactose free milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup grated zuchinni
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or powder
- Pinch Himalayan salt
- 1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
- 2. Grease four one cup capacity oven dishes or ramekins.
- 3. Divide the berries evenly between the dishes.
- 4. Pour the milk and eggs into a mixing bowl. Whisk until frothy.
- 5. Add the remaining ingredients and whisk until well combined.
- 6. Pour the mixture evenly over the berries in each of the dishes.
- 7. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, or until puffed and golden but still creamy inside.
- 8. Serve warm or cold with coconut yoghurt, lactose free yoghurt or nut cream.
Search the site
About Catherine Marr
Catherine Marr, founder of FODMAP friendly living, is a qualified group fitness instructor and natural health practitioner with broad experience working as a professional change manager...read more