In our opinion lamb shanks are one of the best meat cuts for cooking in a slow cooker. With just a few household ingredients you can throw together a beautiful dish that melts in the mouth. Try this simple but tasty lamb shank recipe this winter.
Simple Slow Cooked Lamb Shanks
- Prep Time
- 4 lamb shanks
- 1 1/2 cups tomato puree (we recommend using homemade)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dried mint
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon garlic infused olive oil
- Pepper to taste
- Pinch Himalayam salt
- Turn your slow cooker onto low.
- Pour all the sauce ingredients into the slow cooker. Mix until well combined.
- Place the lamb shanks into the slow cooker and rotate until coated.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook for 8 hours on low.
- Serve with your favourite steamed greens and mashed sweet potato.
- Servings : 4
- Recipe Type : Dinner
About Catherine Marr
This meatloaf was created using some of the produce from...
This is a good basic meatloaf using minimal ingredients. It...
This frittata is a wonderful way of using up zucchini that...
Are you dreaming of an island getaway? This beautiful smoothie...