The school holidays are nearly over and it is back to the routine of packing lunches. These muffins a great autumn addition to both kids and adult lunchboxes. But don’t feel limited to just lunch, they are a perfect on the go breakfast or snack option. They freeze well and are delicious warm or cold.
Pumpkin, Zucchini & Sage Grain Free Muffins
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 cup steamed and mashed pumpkin
- 1/2 cup grated zucchini
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup
- 1/4 cup macadamia or melted coconut oil
- 2 1/2 cups almond meal or almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- Pinch Himalayan salt
- 1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
- 2. Place 12 patty papers into a muffin tray or lightly grease a 12 hole muffin tray.
- 3. Break the eggs into a mixing bowl and beat or whisk until frothy.
- 4. Add the pumpkin, zucchini, oil, syrup and whisk again the mixture is smooth.
- 5. Add the remaining ingredients and mix until smooth and there are no lumps.
- 6. Pour or spoon the mixture into each patty paper or tray so that each is half full. Lightly tap the tray on the bench to smooth out the top.
- 7. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean or the muffin feels cooked when the top is lightly touched.
- 8. Serve warm or cold.
Search the site
About Catherine Marr
Catherine Marr, founder of FODMAP friendly living, is a qualified group fitness instructor and natural health practitioner with broad experience working as a professional change manager...read more