Tomatoes are a bit of a staple ingredient in many dishes. For those on an anti-inflammatory diet or unable to eat tomatoes, this sauce is the perfect alternative to tomato pasta sauce, tinned tomatoes, tomato puree or anything that requires liquid tomatoes. It is wonderful in mince dishes such as Bolognese, poured over zucchini pasta or with homemade fish n chips.
Mock Tomato Everything Sauce
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 6 carrots
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Coco not soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons garlic infused oil
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- Handful fresh basil
- Chop the carrots roughly. Place into a steamer and steam until tender. Put aside to cool, or if you are short on time place straight into a food processor bowl or blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the food processor bowl or blender. Process until a smooth consistency is reached, adding more water if you wish to have a thinner sauce.
- Use immediately in place of tomato puree, pasta sauce or tinned tomatoes, or store in the fridge for 3 days or freeze until required.
About Catherine Marr
This meatloaf was created using some of the produce from...
This is a good basic meatloaf using minimal ingredients. It...
This frittata is a wonderful way of using up zucchini that...
Are you dreaming of an island getaway? This beautiful smoothie...