Tomatoes are a bit of a staple ingredient in many dishes. For those on an anti-inflammatory diet or unable to eat tomatoes, this sauce is the perfect alternative to tomato pasta sauce, tinned tomatoes, tomato puree or anything that requires liquid tomatoes. It is wonderful in mince dishes such as Bolognese, poured over zucchini pasta or with homemade fish n chips.
Mock Tomato Everything Sauce
Published on March 4, 2015 | By friendlyliving |0 Comments
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 6 carrots
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Coco not soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons garlic infused oil
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- Handful fresh basil
- Chop the carrots roughly. Place into a steamer and steam until tender. Put aside to cool, or if you are short on time place straight into a food processor bowl or blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the food processor bowl or blender. Process until a smooth consistency is reached, adding more water if you wish to have a thinner sauce.
- Use immediately in place of tomato puree, pasta sauce or tinned tomatoes, or store in the fridge for 3 days or freeze until required.
- Ready in : 20 Minutes
- Recipe Type : Dinner, Kitchen Basics, Lunch
About Catherine Marr
Catherine Marr, founder of FODMAP friendly living, is a qualified group fitness instructor and natural health practitioner with broad experience working as a professional change manager...read more
This meatloaf was created using some of the produce from...
This is a good basic meatloaf using minimal ingredients. It...
Minty Zucchini Frittata
This frittata is a wonderful way of using up zucchini that...
Refreshing Pina Colada Smoothie
Are you dreaming of an island getaway? This beautiful smoothie...
No comments yet.