The delightful combination of lemon, rosemary and zucchini is something else in these muffins. Made with almond meal or flour, they are extremely satisfying and a serving may be considered a safe quantity of almonds for those who are able to tolerate a small amount of almonds. They make a great addition to the lunchbox and freezer.
Lemon, Rosemary and Zucchini Muffins
Published on April 26, 2015 | By friendlyliving |0 Comments
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini
- 2 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Grated rind of a lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup macadamia or melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup
- 2 1/2 cups almond meal or flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch Himalayan salt
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
- Place 12 patty papers into a muffin tray or lightly grease a 12 hole muffin tin.
- Place the lemon rind, juice and rosemary into a food processor bowl. Whizz until the lemon rind and rosemary is roughly cut. Alternatively, finely chop the rosemary and lemon rind and place in a large mixing bowl
- Add the eggs, syrup and oil to bowl. Process or beat until smooth.
- Add the zucchini, almond meal or flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt to the bowl. Process or mix briefly until the mixture is mixed together but not too long or the zucchini will be too finely chopped.
- Pour or spoon the mixture into each patty paper or tray so that each is half full. Lightly tap the tray on the bench to smooth out the top.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean or the muffin feels cooked when the top is lightly touched.
- Serve warm or cold.
- Servings : 12
- Ready in : 30 Minutes
- Recipe Type : Breakfast, Dinner, Finger food, Lunch, Snacks
About Catherine Marr
Catherine Marr, founder of FODMAP friendly living, is a qualified group fitness instructor and natural health practitioner with broad experience working as a professional change manager...read more
This meatloaf was created using some of the produce from...
This is a good basic meatloaf using minimal ingredients. It...
Minty Zucchini Frittata
This frittata is a wonderful way of using up zucchini that...
Refreshing Pina Colada Smoothie
Are you dreaming of an island getaway? This beautiful smoothie...
No comments yet.