We love making delicious delights out of leftovers. Why let steamed greens go to waste, when you can make a delicious batch of muffins for breakfast, lunch or a snack. These muffins contain a higher amount of eggs and are a filling on the go meal. The LSA adds additional fibre and texture.
Leftover Steamed Green Savoury Muffins
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups leftover steamed broccoli, silverbeet, spinach etc
- 1/4 cup lime infused avocado oil, avocado oil, coconut oil or macadamia oil
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 2 1/4 cups almond meal or flour
- 1/4 cup LSA
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Pinch Himalayn salt
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
- Place 12 patty papers into a muffin tray or lightly grease a 12 hole muffin tray.
- Break the eggs into a mixing bowl and beat or whisk until frothy.
- Cut up the leftover vegetables into chunks and place into the bowl with the eggs.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Pour or spoon the mixture into each patty paper or tray so that each is half full. Lightly tap the tray on the bench to smooth out the top.
- Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean or the muffin feels cooked when the top is lightly touched.
- Serve warm or cold.
About Catherine Marr
This meatloaf was created using some of the produce from...
This is a good basic meatloaf using minimal ingredients. It...
This frittata is a wonderful way of using up zucchini that...
Are you dreaming of an island getaway? This beautiful smoothie...