Pizza is one of those pleasures that can be hard to resist when you are on the low FODMAP journey. This pizza base allows you to still enjoy the pleasures of eating a pizza but without sacrificing your health. Better yet it doesn’t take a lot of time to prepare and is perfect for the impromptu takeaway night. Top with your favourite toppings and enjoy!
FODMAP Friendly Living Pizza Base
Published on February 7, 2015 | By friendlyliving |0 Comments
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or rice malt syrup
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon dried yeast
- 2 cups gluten free baking mix (without maize or soy flour) OR
- 1 cups tapioca flour, 1 cups rice flour and 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon himalayan salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celcius.
- Grease a round pizza tray.
- Place the syrup into a large mixing bowl. Pour over the water and stir. Sprinkle the yeast over the top of the water. Leave in a warm place for 10 minutes, or until the yeast is bubbling.
- The remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix well with a spoon, adding extra flour if necessary to make a soft dough. Knead for 2 minutes.
- Press the dough evenly into the base of the pizza tray. Top with your favorite toppings and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the base is golden brown.
- Ready in : 40 Minutes
- Recipe Type : Dinner, Finger food, Lunch, Snacks
About Catherine Marr
Catherine Marr, founder of FODMAP friendly living, is a qualified group fitness instructor and natural health practitioner with broad experience working as a professional change manager...read more
This meatloaf was created using some of the produce from...
This is a good basic meatloaf using minimal ingredients. It...
Minty Zucchini Frittata
This frittata is a wonderful way of using up zucchini that...
Refreshing Pina Colada Smoothie
Are you dreaming of an island getaway? This beautiful smoothie...
No comments yet.