Do you love the taste and smell of hot cross buns? These truffles are sure to satisfy some of your craving without introducing any high FODMAP foods. The are simple to make and taste unbelievable great. They make a great alternative to a commercial easter egg as well. Be sure to select a dark chocolate with minimal ingredients.
FODMAP Friendly Hot Cross Bun Truffles
- Prep Time
- 1 cup walnuts, soaked and dried
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 heaped teaspoon macadamia butter or nut butter of your choice
- 3 heaped teaspoons rice malt syrup
- 2 teaspoons mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 100g block of 90% or 85% dark chocolate
- 1. Place all the ingredients, except the chocolate into the bowl of a food processor.
- 2. Process until the nuts and seeds are fine and the mixture will form a nice round ball in your hands. Add additional coconut oil if required.
- 3. Using your hands, roll the mixture into walnut sized balls. Place onto a baking paper lined tray or plate that will fit in your freezer.
- 4. Place the balls into the freezer and chill 30 to 60 minutes.
- 5. Break the chocolate into a small glass bowl or double boiler. Pour boiling water into another small bowl or double boiler saucepan and place the chocolate bowl on top.
- 6. Allow the chocolate to slowly melt, stirring occasionally.
- 7. Remove the truffles from the freezer. Using a truffle tool or a skewer, dip the truffles into the melted chocolate until they are fully coated. Lightly tap on the side of the bowl to remove excess chocolate and place back on the tray to set.
- 8. If required, place the tray into the fridge to complete the setting process.
Search the site
About Catherine Marr
Catherine Marr, founder of FODMAP friendly living, is a qualified group fitness instructor and natural health practitioner with broad experience working as a professional change manager...read more