Carrots are a super duper FODMAP friendly vegetable that are very versatile. From savoury to sweet, cooked to raw there are so many wonderful ways they can be used to create fantastic food. This pudding is also very versatile in that it can be eaten for breakfast, dessert or even a snack anytime. It makes the most of a so called “superfood” called maca powder to provide a unique caramel like flavour.
Caramel Carrot Pudding
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 4 medium carrots (or 500g steamed carrots)
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts or (sunflower seeds for a nut free option)
- 2 tablespoons maca powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or powder
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- Steam the carrots until tender. Put aside to cool.
- Place the macadamia nuts into a food processor. Process until fine.
- Add the cooled carrots, maca powder, vanilla and mixed spice to the nuts. Process until a smooth consistency is reached.
- Spoon into serving dishes and chill in fridge or consume immediately.
- To serve, top with coconut yoghurt, macadamia cream or coconut cream and grated orange rind.
About Catherine Marr
This meatloaf was created using some of the produce from...
This is a good basic meatloaf using minimal ingredients. It...
This frittata is a wonderful way of using up zucchini that...
Are you dreaming of an island getaway? This beautiful smoothie...