Using herbs is one of the best ways of getting awesome flavours without having to use ingredients that are high FODMAP sauces or loaded with preservatives, artificial flavours, sugar or other additives. This baked chicken dish uses one of our favourite herbs – thyme.
Baked Lemon Thyme Chicken
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 700 to 800g boneless chicken thighs or breasts
- 3 large bunches silverbeet
- 2 generous handfuls fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- 2 tablespoons garlic infused oil + additional for drizzling
- 1 lemon and ginger herbal tea bag
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or dried sage
- Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
- Cut the chicken into pieces (3-4 pieces if using thighs or 5-6 if using breasts). Roughly chop the thyme, leaving the stalks included if using the thin stalked variety. Roughly chop the thyme, leaving the stalks included if using the thin stalked variety.
- Heat the oil in a large frypan. Place the tea bag in a cup of boiling water and leave to infuse.
- Add the chicken and briefly brown for a couple of minutes before stirring in the thyme and wholegrain mustard. Cook for a further minute, before adding the silverbeet. Remove the tea bag from the water and pour over the water. Place the tea bag back in the cup add another cup of water. Leave the chicken to simmer for a couple of minutes adding more water if necessary.
- Spoon the chicken mixture into a large casserole dish. Pour over some of the remaining water so there is a small amount of water in the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle over the sage, pepper, salt and a drizzle of garlic infused oil. Briefly toss so that the herb, pepper, salt and oil are now throughout the dish.
- Cover the dish with a lid or aluminium foil and place in the oven. Cook for 40 to 50 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
- Serve warm with a generous serving of your favourite vegetables on the side.
- Servings : 6 +
- Recipe Type : Dinner
About Catherine Marr
This meatloaf was created using some of the produce from...
This is a good basic meatloaf using minimal ingredients. It...
This frittata is a wonderful way of using up zucchini that...
Are you dreaming of an island getaway? This beautiful smoothie...