It is now definitely soup weather here in New Zealand. Soup is simple, quick and nutritious lunch option for our cold wintery days. Our weekly Sunday winter ritual is to make a massive batch of vege soup using heaps of different types of greens, herbs and spices. But did you know that you can use pureed soup in your other favourite dishes?
For something different here are some ideas for using a batch of soup:
- As a pasta sauce
- Substitute pumpkin or carrot soup for tomato sauce in your favourite Bolognese recipe
- Make a casserole using blade or chuck diced beef or lamb
- Add our green goodness soup to minced meat and slow cook on high for a couple of hours
- Make indian saag curry using our green goodness soup, diced lamb, beef or chicken, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, mustard seeds, tumeric and a pinch of chilli
- Use less water and make a yummy dip
These options are perfect for anyone needing to limit the consumption of nightshade family and therefore tomatoes.
Keep posted for some more soup recipes and ideas.