I recently had an experience with fish oil. I was recommended to up my dose to 6 capsules per day. So I did and very quickly found my body was not happy with Fish Oil. I was rather sick and it took me well over a week to recover.
Lessons from this experience were:
- If you are going to take fish oil, make sure you buy a quality product. The oils can become rancid and therefore toxic to our bodies
- Too much of a good thing can sometimes be too much
- Introduce new supplements one at a time so you can clearly identify if it is appropriate for your body
- Tune into your instincts, if part of you thinks the supplement isn’t right for you, then maybe it’s not
- Read the back of the label. Just because it is a fish oil capsule, doesn’t mean it doesn’t have other ingredients. I have found that many supplements have added soy etc. that don’t agree with my body
It is also a good reminder that we are all different.